Thursday, September 12, 2013

Head Creation - Part 1 - Wood

Wood. I get these 1x6's is pine for basically free so I use them for just about everything. They are only 13 inches long, but that is enough for most of my projects.



I stacked four on top of one another to get the height I wanted, then used regular wood glue to stick them together.



Using a table saw I cut the wood down to size.



I drew a rough draft of the final face on the front and side of the block to determine what to cut next. I started with the front and cut the edges off using a hand saw.



I did the same with sides.




From there, I used a flat chisel and a vice to round out the head.


Congratulations! That took an hour, and looks like a big wooden turd. At least I know I'm spending my time wisely.

Up next... Head Creation - Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment