Monday, September 23, 2013

Head Creation - Part 5 - Painting and Accessories

Painting and Accessories. I did a little reshaping of the head after the glue dried. The table saw takes out about 1/8" from the middle so it actually changes to height of the head, which in turn changes the shape. I used a little wood putty to fill in the gaps made by the saw and then did a final sanding of the head. After covering the eyes with a bit of scrap paper so they didn't receive any paint, I was ready to go.


I changed the eyes out on two of my previous heads so I needed to paint all three at once.


I started with a black base coat. More on that in a minute.


Then I added a cream colored layer.


And finally a white layer just to the face.


I did a bit of sanding to make the head look aged. The black base coat will show through making the age lines much more pronounced. 


Lastly, I added some red paint for the makeup and a pair of glasses. The glasses were made by bending a piece of wire into shape. I used a tourch to age the wire to match the rest of the head.

Coming soon... Body parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment