Monday, October 14, 2013

Clothes - Part 1 - Pants

Pants! I am not the best at sewing so this is actually the hardest part for me. I tend to make a lot of stupid mistakes, and end up redoing quite a bit of work. Anyways, I started by finding a free pattern on google, which for pants, is very easy. I took the pattern into Photoshop and resized it to my needs. I printed the pattern and pinned it to my material.


I had already added the seam allowance in Photoshop so I just cut along the outside of the pattern. 


From there, I hemmed each piece along the top and bottom. 


Here is where I made my first mistake. I hemmed each piece the same way, so all of the pieces where right fronts. So I actually had to start over and recut two new pieces and re-hem them the right way.


Making sure the pieces where facing the right direction, I sewed the two front pieces together and the two back pieces together.


Placing the fabric face to face I sewed the front and back together. I turned them right side out and...


Pants!

Up next... Shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment