Monday, October 7, 2013

Wooden Armature - Part 4 - Hands

Hands. I started by bending animation wire into shape.  I thought his hands would be too wide with four fingers, so I am only making three fingers and a thumb for this model.


I twisted the wire to form the fingers and the wrist.


You have to be very careful not to leave tool marks on the fingers. They are very susceptible to breakage being that they are so small.


I added epoxy putty to the palm of the hand to make the whole more solid. At this point it is import that you remember that you are making a left a right hands so you can position the fingers correctly.


I added common self adhesive bandages to flesh out the fingers. I will making gloves to put on the hands so the fingers will be covered in the end. 


I then used my dremel to sand down the dry epoxy putty to a more pleasing shape. You must be very carful not to hit the animation wire or you will need to start over.


Then I wrapped the wrist in heat shrink and attached it to the arm using more epoxy putty.


Now he's starting to look like something.

Up next... Clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment